A Full Service Practice with Years of Experience in Medical Weight Loss
The Parkside Diet program is about making small lifestyle changes that add up over time to give you the best results. We realize everyone is not meant to be a size 2. Our goal is to help you to become the best version of yourself while reducing your risk of obesity related diseases such as diabetes, joint pain, hypertension, cancer and even early death.
Let’s get started
An eating plan that helps manage your weight includes a variety of healthy foods. Add an array of colors to your plate and think of it as eating the rainbow. Dark, leafy greens, oranges, and tomatoes—even fresh herbs—are loaded with vitamins, fiber, and minerals. Adding frozen peppers, broccoli, or onions to stews and omelets gives them a quick and convenient boost of color and nutrients.
A healthy eating plan:
- Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Includes a variety of protein foods such as seafood, lean meats and poultry, eggs, legumes (beans and peas), soy products, nuts, and seeds.
- Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars
- Stays within your daily calorie needs
Active people generally live longer and are at less risk for serious health problems like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and some cancers. For people with chronic diseases, physical activity can help manage these conditions and complications.
Other benefits include:
- Improves sleep
- Improves balance
- Improves joint mobility
- Extends years of active life
- Helps prevent weak bones and muscle loss
- Delays onset of cognitive decline
Medical Weight Loss
Medical weight loss uses the help of a trained health professional to create a realistic plan that meets your needs.
There are three main areas of focus: nutrition and exercise counseling, goal setting and the use of prescription FDA approved appetite suppressants that help you make behavioral changes in order to lose weight.